Nationwide Catch & Release Challenge – Saturday October 8, 2022
Reel * Time USA Rules & Regulations
Rules & Regulations
1) Entry Fee: $25.00
$20.00 Veterans & Senior Citizens.
FREE ENTRY FOR CHILDREN UNDER 12 YEARS WITH AN ADULT SIGN UP.
(All participants under the age of 21 must have a Parent or Guardian register for him or her.)
*This is a “Catch and Release” Challenge. This Challenge is open to all anglers of any age living in the USA. You may fish anywhere in the USA except any bodies of water that have been cultivated for bass: for example, pay to fish lakes. Federal or state stocked bodies of water open to the public are permitted. ONLY largemouth bass*, smallmouth bass & peacock bass (collectively herein “Bass”) are eligible for this Challenge. There will be divisional winners plus one Grand Champion awarded Gift Prizes as detailed below in paragraph 11. *For this event, Spotted Bass will count as a Largemouth Bass.
*New: Optional Added Skill Level Entry Fee: $25. You must be at least 21 years old to compete in this skill level. 5 places awarded to the most Bass.
*New: There is an Elite Division for all past Grand Champions – This level will compete amongst the past Grand Champions ONLY and have its own separate entry fee & prizes. Past Grand Champions will be personally invited.
2) This is a one-day event to be held on Saturday, October 8, 2022.
3) Registration: Each participant must be registered through our website: www.ReelTimeUSA.com
4) There is no weather committee, so this event is solely the responsibility of each participating angler to decide if he or she wants to fish this event and to decide if weather conditions are safe for fishing. The Challenge will take place on this date rain or shine. You may fish on a boat, kayak or from land. Every participant must have a valid fishing license for the state in which you are fishing as applicable. This Challenge is ONLY open to anglers in the USA.
5) Each angler will be allowed a total of 4 consecutive hours fishing time between 7 a.m. through 6 p.m. (Angler’s local time). Each angler must register your (4) hour time frame before you start fishing that day along with submitting a photo of the October 8, 2022 Newspaper or a ‘Validation Card”**A “Pre-Fish form” link will be available Saturday, October 8, 2022 @ 4 a.m. (EST) at www.ReelTimeUSA.com to designate your 4 hour fishing time and upload your photo with the Validation card from the day of the contest. Anglers will log their catch and releases as explained below in Paragraphs 10 & 12.
*** There will be a link to a photo of a “Validation Card” on the website and the pre-fish form the morning of the event by 4 a.m. (EST) that you can print to use as verification of your catch. We will also send out a photo of the Validation card via email to all participants by 4 a.m.
6) Your fishing time must start at the top of a specific hour. [i.e. 10 a.m.; 11 a.m.; 1 p.m.] Lines cannot be in the water before your designated 4-hour time period you select on the pre-fish form. For any fish to count the fish must be photographed before the end of your 4-hour fishing time. Any photos taken after your time slot will not count. Please note your time zone (Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific).
7) This event will be based on an honor system. We want this to be a fun Catch and Release Challenge. Gift prizes will be awarded for most bass releases in each division based on a point system of 10 points per catch and release. However, all winners may be subject to a polygraph.
8) In order for each Bass to qualify for 10 points per release you must comply with the following:
a) You must have a cell phone or an iPad to take photos of every Bass you catch and release. *YOUR GPS LOCATOR MUST BE TURNED ON.
b) BEFORE you start fishing, you must print out the Validation Card *** You must fill in your pre-fish form including your 4 hour fishing time frame and submit the photo of the Validation Card via the link. The Pre-fish form will be available on our website by 4 a.m. (EST) Sat. October 8, 2022.
*** There will be a link to a Validation Card on the website and the pre-fish form the morning of the event by 4 a.m. (EST) that you can print to use as verification of your catch. We will also send out a Validation Card via email to all participants by 4 a.m.
c) Each Bass you photograph for your catch report must be taken from the same side with the validation card for every fish you catch in one of two ways:
• Left hand with belly facing to the left, or
• Right hand with belly facing to the right.
• * Important: You must position each Bass you photograph from the same side – either right or left. Choose one and stick to it each time to qualify your catch. You cannot deviate from this position. If you do, you may be disqualified.
9) Before fishing each participant must choose the technique and type of fishing to be used during the contest and use only this manner of fishing for the entire time. You may only use (1) one rod at a time to catch fish and either live bait, artificial lures or flies, but not more than one technique for the entire duration of the event. You may have more than one rod in your possession, but only 1 line in the water at any given time.
10) TO REPORT YOUR CATCH: After your 4 hour fishing time has ended but in no event later than 10 p.m. your local time, you MUST fill out catch report & upload all photos of your Bass to www.ReelTimeUSA.com. You will be disqualified if your photos are not uploaded by 9 p.m. (your local time), Saturday, October 8, 2022.
11) Winners will be announced and contacted. 1st place Gift Prizes will be awarded in each division: Most Largemouth Bass, Most Smallmouth Bass, Most Peacock Bass & Most Striped Bass. There will be a Grand Champion Winner for the person who catches the most overall Bass.
12) If you have a child that would like to participate, and the child does not have an e-mail address, a parent or guardian may register the child and submit the required photos using the parent/guardian’s e-mail address. Use the child’s name and e-mail as the angler when possible.
13) In case of a tie in number of points, the angler that lands the most fish in a shorter time frame will be declared the winner of that division.
14) At the end of this event, Reel*Time USA will post photos of the winners on www.ReelTimeUSA.com.
15) All winners will be determined in the sole discretion of Reel*Time USA. All winners’ catches are subject to verification of date and time of each catch by Reel*Time USA. Reel*Time USA reserves the right to disqualify any winner whose photos cannot be verified for the date and time the photo was taken.
16) By participating in this Challenge and submitting photos, you consent to the use of your photos by Reel*Time USA at their discretion to promote Reel*Time USA events.
17) By agreeing to participate in this Challenge, you, the participant, agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Reel*Time USA LLC, Reel*Time USA Catch & Release Challenge, Lenny Strobel, and any and all affiliates involved in this event from any claim or causes of action of any kind including but not limited to for injury, death, property damage or other damages whether through your own negligence, the negligence of another or the negligence of Reel*Time USA or Lenny Strobel. Reel*Time USA LLC reserves the right to refuse any entry at Reel*Time USA’s discretion.
18) REFUND POLICY: Entry fees are non-refundable in the event you do not participate in the Challenge for any reason whatsoever.
19) Legal Stuff: Each participant is responsible for consulting his or her local fishing laws/regulations concerning Bass before participating in this contest. Each participant accepts sole responsibility and risk for knowing the fishing regulations/laws where you fish for this contest. Reel*Time USA makes no representations regarding any fishing regulations/laws nor makes any guarantee of safety in participation. Each participant participates at his or her own risk.
***IN ORDER TO COMPETE IN THIS EVENT AND BE ELIGIBLE FOR AWARDS, YOU MUST COMPLY WITH THESE RULES, REGULATIONS AND CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION.
Helping To Raise Awareness & Funds For The National MS Society
Just Click The “Donate To MS” Button Below.
Reel*Time USA Would Like To Thank You For Your Support.